Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Black Dragon Update 2.4 Beta

So.

start sarcasm
It is finally happening, many weeks of playing all kinds of games, eating, drinking (ice tea), working on my AO and doing everything else except working on my Viewer finally comes to an end! Many hours have been put into anything else than my Viewer and you will see the difference!
/sarcasm

Let me get this straight, right from the beginning.

THIS.
IS.
A.
BETA.

It's NOT yet done. I just felt that i have held this update back for far too long, i finally want to share what i have been working on the past weeks. You will see a gigantic amount of changes, literally everything (and i shit you not) has been changed, hopefully to the better of course. Many floaters have been re-sized, re-aligned, filled and generally overhauled in functionality and reliability, i chose an uniform layout which i will forcefully squeeze into every floater from now on, you will notice that as soon as you open the first few floaters.

Apart from those crazy interface changes, many small things have been changed and fixed as well, being unable to write /s or /w gestures without the Viewer auto completing it to /shout or /whisper is one of many of those small changes.


__________________________________________
I will need a lot of feedback on pretty much everything everywhere though, all those things i changed look totally fine especially since i know what they do and what i want to do with them in future which somewhat biases my opinion about it. Note though that feedback like "OMG OMG OMG DIS IS SO AWSUM" or "DIS IS UGLY BS CHANGE IT BACK" will totally not help. I chose a direction and i will keep it. I want constructive feedback about how stuff works, not how you want the UI to look like. Short: I want bug reports. Proper ones. Reports like 'im constantly crashing pls fix' will not help either. I will need detailed info on what you did (pressed a button, a tab, opened a certain floater etc) as well as your crash log file. Note that i will most likely NOT fix crash bugs coming from LL that are buried deep into the rendering engine or something similar. All i can do is fix surface stuff, the user interface and most of it's code, keep that in mind.

I will continue working on finishing the rest of the interface as well as fixing bugs, adding new little features and generally polishing every area before i move on to the next big project, tiny tip: Skin.

Snapshots:






There are 2 versions available.
The normal one is the latest one i had before i merged it with Linden's Release and the 'Current' one is the version merged with Linden's Release, expect unfixed problems when using the 'Current' one.


Changelog:

Use the Changelog link on the right sidebar of this blog ->

10 comments:

  1. thank you very much your new version is amazing love it thanks thanks thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the inventory toggles backwards? to get it sorted by date, i have to check the "Sort Your Inventory Folders By Name" toggle, with the others off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. They might be bugged depending on the settings you start with causing them to have a seemingly inverted behavior but in reality just the button toggle state is inverted. Also note that as far as i know, sort by date has priority over other filters.

      Delete

  3. hello I do not know if it's a bug or is it like that its creator wanted but for me the windows of filters is transparant we just see the button

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't move the conversation window to the upper left, it goes most of the way there, then bounces back

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is with the 'Current' one. Open a floater like profile or outfits or inventory then start dragging it left then when the left edge of the floater meets the left side of the window it snaps over to the right. It doesnt happen with snapshots or camera floaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled with the ability to dock all my toolbar buttons at the very top corner and organize them with spacers. More screen space for my already giant monitor never hurts. However, now that I've started role playing, I won't be able to use this viewer much without built in AO. Using one has served very useful to me to lower my script usage. Am I overlooking something I can use? Or is that strictly a FS thing? I apologize for bringing that viewer up. I used to never give a damn about built in AOs heh, But now I gotta know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Viewer has no build in AO and will never have one unless LL decides to add one to the default Viewer.

      Instead i have been working on this:
      https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NirAO-Server-Side-Animation-Overrider/6310433

      Delete
    2. Went ahead and bought one so I'll give it a try, thanks :)

      Delete