Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Water Reflections

Water! Water? Yes! huh? Water!! What? Water Reflections!
me was bored , so me tuned Water reflections , me added option to set quality(resolution) of reflections

me is happy now!

see this

(Linden Default) Normal Settings
(My new default) High Settings

Very High Settings
Ultra Settings



Supreme Settings (OVERKILL the reflection looks smoother than the actual world)

2 comments:

  1. Loving this viewer the only thing I am not liking is the awful memory leak.

    This could just be me and my system, but today I ran it for like 3 hours, and then it starts freezing and stuttering. I check my task manager and it's at 1.6GB of RAM. Restarted it and then as I am posting this, restarting again up to 1.5GB of RAM.

    Now I understand that I have 4GB of RAM and unfortunately my motherboard can't handle any more than that, but considering that WoW only gets up to about 500MB, and Kirstens was between 500 and 1GB without the stuttering etc. I am wondering if I've either got a setting wrong, or if there is something LL have done.

    Not blaming you Niran as I said love the viewer just wondering where this eating up the RAM has come from

    Keep up the good work though

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. this eating up RAM behavior comes from my compilation method LAA (large adress aware) i dont know what im doing wrong but all Viewers i compile which crashed before run fine afterwards but will eat lots of memory , so i guess most crashes on most viewers are caused because they run out of memory which is at about 1,25GB usage , to prevent that i compile the viewer with LAA so it can use more , the stuttering may come from your overall RAM which is too full , at a certain % usage Windows and 3D programs seem to get slower over time , also SL starts breaking at 2GB ram , SL is not able to handle that much RAM correctly thus it will start lagging

    ReplyDelete